Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Colorful, Whimsical Nursery


Both times I've decorated our nursery I've avoided the typical pink.  Nothing wrong with that, but I'm of the persuasion that the nursery should really be more for Mommy than for baby.  After all, you're the one who is stumbling in with one eye open at 2am - might as well make it a happy place to stumble into right?  Charlotte's nursery was green and cantaloupe - don't laugh at my old photography skills..... 
but be thankful I've improved ;)


So this time I chose yellow and berry as the main colors, but more and more colors kept adding themselves...and I kind of love it.  It's really cheerful and baby appropriate, but also Guest-Bedroom-worthy.  Here's the tour - enjoy!



My sister created this artwork based on a print we had seen in Urban Outfitters.  She made sure Japan is in the picture, but Florida is so far away it didn't make it :(

 







She certainly is the center of our little world right now!  I'll be going on blogger maternity leave now, not sure how long I'll be gone but be sure to enjoy my archives - look at the top of the site for the categories.  Happy homemaking!
xoxo
jessica

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The nursery is beautiful and I completely agree that it needs to be a haven for mommy. Babies don't appreciate the space nearly as much as the mommies do. Happy babymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nursery with Japanese influence evident.
    Glad to hear you are taking a break.
    Congratulations and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery is super darling!! I love the colors - it's so bright and cheery!!
    Have fun with your sweet little one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nursery, love the proud big sister and LOVE the artwork your sister did! Congrats you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful nursery. Congratulations and have a good blogging break. You deserve a little rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the nursery! It looks awesome. I totally agree, the nursery is for mommy and it should be a happy cheery place for her, nothing that makes you want to puke. It looks great and I'd love to hang out in there! Good job and rest up momma! Charlotte looks darling peering in the crib; I have a few of Mia like that with her little bro and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love all of the bright and cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing, like I knew it would!!! I love the artwork...tell her she needs to make another piece with Florida on it to put on the other wall! ;). The color choices are perfect, loving the Loulou Thi bumper! I also see that little lotus flower you got when we went to Savannah- makes me smile! There's a definite "L" theme going on, all for sweet little Lila! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful nursery and super cute little one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fabrics. You are a lucky girl living in Japan. They have great fabrics there. Have fun. Enjoy that little one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really love that so many things in the room are things that I've never seen before. i think that the art above the crib is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have the exact same "ABC" art in my daughters' room. My mom made it for me when I was a baby and kept it all these years. How funny! I've never seen another one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...