Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Rainbow Brite Hat

As a child of the 80's I definitely remember Rainbow Brite - do you?  Her colorful costume is exactly what came to mind as I was crocheting this little baby hat for my sweet Lila.  
 


I'm no great crocheter or knitter, but I do have a thing for yarn, and as soon as the weather gets a little chilly I love to curl up with a cup of tea, Norah Jones, and a lap full of yarn.  This is just a simple single crochet hat - nothing fancy.  I used a free pattern you can find here.  I added the ear flaps because it will never stay on her head if I don't tie it on.
  
So how about you - any crochet/knitting projects up your sleeves?
xoxo
jessica

4 comments:

  1. I wish it would get chilly because that is when I start crocheting a blanket. I just wanted to let you know that the last photo of Lila is just precious. What a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute Jessica!! And Lila is just a doll!! Those photos are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Para no saber de ganchillo hizo usted un sombrero tan encantador como Lila su modelo.
    Tengo una hija adolescente fanática de esos sombreros pero no hice ninguno.
    Tendré que animarme.Cariños,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I am actually excited to find out one thing, of course if that's not too much to ask could you be so kind and please share with us where you grew up?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...