Friday, September 16, 2016

From Eat-in-Kitchen to Coffee Nook

Hey! Today I wanted to share another of our
home improvement projects.
Most older homes have both an eat in kitchen or breakfast nook 
AND a formal dining room.
However we decided that we wanted to make the "formal" dining room
our everyday dining room, so that left this little spot without a purpose.


My husband and I just love coffee, and our kitchen has limited space,
so I decided to make a little coffee nook!

I found those two cozy chairs at a consignment shop in town, 
and Ryan built the little bistro table.

 
We have coffee here almost every morning.
It's really beautiful with the morning light coming in the windows.
We framed out those windows in Farmhouse style
and also updated the paint on the walls, with Kilim Beige from Lowe's.
Ryan built the light fixture, and I love the country feel it provides.


 These little shelving units were perfect
for our coffee makers and mug collection.




It's such a cozy little spot and a very functional space for us.
So I'm curious - do you have family meals in your breakfast nook
or in a formal dining room?
Have a great weekend!
xoxo
jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...