Monday, March 5, 2012

My Top 12 Ways Moving to Japan is like Having a Baby

  
12. Everyone gives you advice about everything.
 
11. You must haul around a lot of extra luggage.
 
10. Upon arrival, you are exhausted.

9. Everything is much smaller.
 
8. You lose days of sleep.
 
7. There's a serious language barrier.
 
6. You are easily disoriented.
 
5. Everyone wants to come visit you.
 
4. You start to shop online - a lot.

3.There's a learning curve.
 
2. No one can imagine what it's like until they've done it.
 
1. It's really scary and totally unknown - but definitely worth it.
 
 
Here is a picture of us visiting the Great Buddah at Kamakura.  
Only about 20 minutes from our house.
 It is probably the coolest thing we've seen since we've been here, and I think it's the oldest thing I've ever seen.  They started building it in the 1200's!  
Hope you're all doing well!  I'm starting to get excited about Cherry Blossom time here - more to come on that later!  
xoxo
jessica

3 comments:

  1. glad to see you are all doing ok !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny Jessica!! I'm loving all the photos! And yeah - I'm one of the #5's - we totally wish we could come visit you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post...also...I need to email you soon about a little something I've been cooking up....
    liZ
    (simplesimonandco)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...