Thursday, May 27, 2010

Are you stressed?

Currently, I am not.  But I know that it seems like EVERYBODY is stressed or tired or something.  Life is tricky- it takes a lot of concentration and energy.  Now ideally, we would all move out to the country, grow our own vegetables, ride our bicycles, and become yoga instructors.  However I know that may not work for some of you...so here are my top 3 natural stress relievers.
Quick Fix:   Bach Flower Rescue Remedy - a blend of 5 flower essences that promote clarity, relieve stress, aid in coping with trauma, and quickly calm you down.  I love this stuff- I put four drops under my tongue and it works great.

Daily Dose:   Rhodiola Rosea- this is an adaptogenic herb that you can take every day.  It helps your body adapt to stressful conditions.  A great source of information on this herb is the book Rhodiola Revolution.

Long-term commitment:   Ultimately to reduce the stress and exhaustion in your life you must change your lifestyle.  A way to begin this journey is to exercise.  I love to do yoga.  I don't do it as often as I would like, but when I do it I feel so much better!  The website Yoga Today puts a free class on the web every week.  It's a great way to be a part of a class if you can't afford to go somewhere. 

So breathe deeply, drink a glass of water (and maybe a cup of coffee :), and try these tips next time you feel stressed.  Have a lovely day.
jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...