Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Colorful Comfort

I've posted before about the talented women I've descended from in my family. Well, here is picture proof. My mom and I are working on a quilt journal - taking pictures of all of the family quilts, and journaling about who made them and when they were made. Here are a few of my favorites. Be inspired -I am.

Made by my Great-Grandma Chancey

Made by my Great-Great Aunt Evelyn
(given to Grandma and Grandaddy as a wedding gift in 1950)

Made by my Great-Great Grandma Abbot, circa 1950

Hand pieced by my Great-Grandfather when he was 9 yrs old. Made from scraps of mens shirts- circa 1910
Made by my Great-Great-Grandma Chancey. She dyed feed sacks and used that for the backing.



Sampler Quilt- Made by my Great-Grandma Chancey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...