Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Summer nightgown


Well, I'm up here in Altamont, TN where my resources are not great...so we went to Wal-mart (which is still 30 min. away) and I found a yellow t-shirt and some ribbon. So I accepted the challenge...what can I make with these things? My answer...cozy princess nightgown! Here is how I did it.

Lay out a t-shirt (I used a youth small, but you could also use one of your old tank tops or an older sibling's t-shirt). Cut off the sleeves and the neck. Stitch around the arm holes, using a basting stitch, and gather the arm holes until they are the right size (measure against p.j.'s that fit your child now). Then sew some kind of pretty ribbon around the arm holes and neckline. (I also put two pleats at the center neckline so it wouldn't fall off her shoulders). Then you can just have fun decorating! I put ribbon around the neckline and the hem, and then embroidered "A dream is a wish your heart makes...".

It was so fun to make and it didn't take long at all.

Remember when you are making nightgowns or p.j.s to make the inside soft and cozy - don't put anything itchy near their soft sweet skin. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Precious, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you my dear!
    I am putting this "on file". :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...