Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blueberries

Today we went exploring on a mountain near our new home. 
And by exploring , I mean climbing straight up and up and up for an hour and a half.  
It was really gorgeous scenery though
(but I don't think my legs are going to be able to move tomorrow).  
Along the path we found tons of wild blueberries...and being the nature children we are, 
we stopped to pick them.  
They were really sweet and tasty - Charlotte put more in her mouth than in the cup :)  
We collected about 1 Cup of blueberries. 
I used them tonight in a dessert, which I will tell you about next week.  
All-in-all it was a lovely summery day - hope yours was too!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fabulous fun and what beautiful scenery! Have you read the book "Blueberries for Sal" with Charlotte? I'll bet she'd really appreciate that fabulous story after your blueberry picking adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...