Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting settled...

Wow- this past week has been crazy!  We are finally into our home and just got the internet hooked up like 30 minutes ago.  So -  how have you been?  
While we were searching for a home to rent we enjoyed the gracious hospitality of a couple from church.  Their home was filled with many interesting and beautiful handmade items,
made by his mother who lives in an Amish community.  

Handmade quilts, hand-hooked rugs,
(how amazing is that?!  doesn't it look so Anthro?  She would buy wool coats from thrift stores and cut them into strips.  She then hooked it through burlap.  wow.)
I am going to embark on the hand-hooked rug adventure once we are settled, and very soon I will show you have to make an ADORABLE little ottoman that they had at their home. 
( I forgot to take a pic)
So that's a small peek into what we have been up to.  I am so happy to have a home again and to be blogging again, and I can't wait to start sewing again.  Hope you have been well!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...