Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flowers for the Fourth

One of my favorite memories growing up was going to my Grandma's home in TN and dyeing Queen Anne's Lace flowers.  If these grow where you live this is a great project to do with your little ones.  You can dye them any color - but red, white, and blue is especially festive this time of year.  Simply pick your flowers, then fill 3 vases with water.  Add red food coloring to one, blue food coloring to the another, and leave the third vase filled with plain water. Arrange your flowers in the vases.  As they soak up the water, they will soak up the dye - resulting in a magical change of colors.  (okay so I waited too late to pick these and we left for holiday this morning so I don't have a pic of them dyed - but it will happen -try it and see:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...