Friday, August 13, 2010

Gluten Free Week

So I have been feeling kind of yuck lately - I feel like I am just eating whatever, with no thought or intention.  So...eating gluten free always makes me feel better.  Of course it also helps my hubby feel WAY better, because he is much more sensitive to it than I am.  I always feel less bloated and have more energy when I eat gluten free. 
 (picture from Gluten Free Mommy)
So I created this menu and grocery list for you to eat gluten free with me!  It has no "weird" ingredients..like almond flour or xantham gum - and it should be pretty inexpensive.  No bread, no pasta - but there is lots of rice and even a chocolate cake recipe that I can't wait to try.  I encourage you to give it a try and see if you notice how much better you feel.  Most of the recipes are from Delightfully Gluten Free or Ginger Lemon Girl.  Good Luck!

Monday - Spaghetti Sauce Chicken (crockpot) put on top of rice , serve Green Beans on the side
Tuesday - Salmon Spinach Salad & Tortilla Chips with fruit
Wednesday -Ham and bean Soup (crockpot)
Thursday - Feta Chicken and Roasted Vegetables
Friday - Kielbasa and Sauerkraut serve over rice
Saturday - Breakfast for dinner - eggs, bacon, fruit
Sunday - Meatloaf served with Broccoli and fruit

Breakfast Ideas:
Bananas
Yogurt
Eggs
Gfree Breakfast Bars
Rice Chex Cereal


Lunch/Snack Ideas:
Peanut Butter Cookies
Tortilla Chips
Hot dogs wrapped in corn tortillas with cheese
Raisins
Cheese
Corn Tortilla Cheese Quesadillas
Fruit
Baby Carrots
Rice Chex Mix (many different kinds)
Basically any kind of candy (see, you don't have to give up chocolate)

Desserts
Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Cake

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess, I'm so glad you posted this! I was out of town so I missed this post when you first posted it and I wished I had seen it before I ran to the grocery store earlier today. I'm trying to eat less and less gluten because I think it also makes me feel crummy. So I'm always looking for practical ways to ease up my diet. It's nice to see we do some of the same things! Peanut butter, bananas, eggs, hot dogs (ha!), cheese, yogurt, and some rice. I forgot about raisins but those are a yummy snack too!

    Thanks for posting this. Please feel free to continue doing this...I definitely appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...