Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fancy Football Food - Figs!


This is a simple and elegant appetizer that really compliments any party - we just happened to be having a football party yesterday.  It is delicious, quick to make and BONUS - very healthy (lots of iron) AND gluten free.  AND figs are in season right now so they should be affordable.  Wow.  You have no excuse not to make this. 
Here's how to do it-
You will need:
Figs
Goat Cheese (or your favorite cheese)
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
(yes I am in FL right now and I got to buy groceries at Publix.  I love you Publix.  
I miss you when I am in TN...doesn't everyone just love Publix?!?)

Preheat the oven to 350.
Cut the stems off of the figs.  
Then cut them in half - laying them cut side up in a pan.

Aren't they pretty?
Next, drizzle Olive Oil over the figs, then sprinkle salt and pepper over them.

Next, put the cheese on top.  Kind of snuggle it into the center of the figs.

Bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350.  
Easy, right?  Try them this week and let me know what you think!
jessica

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand your Publix withdrawals. That and transporting Disney World to Colorado would make life just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see figs on sale just recently at Publix--love that place too! I can't do cheese right now otherwise I'd love to try this recipe! I'm always looking for new things to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...