Monday, September 12, 2011

Halloween Outfit Part 2: {DIY} Tulle Skirted Leggings

These are so simple to make - you can do it in about 15 minutes.  I didn't even make an actual skirt.  Anyone can do this!! 
Here's what you'll need:

Step 1:  Cut the tulle into 10" x 10" squares.  Overlap two squares and pinch them together at the top.

Pin them along the waistband of the leggings.

Step 2:  Put elastic thread onto your bobbin and regular thread through the needle of your machine.  Sew the tulle on - just under the waistband.
Be sure to sew back a few stitches and then forward when you reach the end - otherwise the elastic thread will come undone.

And that's it!  Now, from what I've read, you should really hand wash tulle.  So I guess these aren't really roll around in the mud pants :)  But they sure are cute.

Happy Sewing and Happy Monday!
xoxo
jessica


4 comments:

  1. so cute! wish i had a little girl to make this for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...you are genius!!! And those leggings are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I'm sorry you are sick but it is for a good reason. I was sick this time throughout the ENTIRE pregnancy and then things went crazy during the delivery which caused complications which sent me back to the ER last week BUT man, my baby is so worth it. She is like the greatest thing in the whole world. I'm so excited for you.

    Are you going to find out the gender or wait and be suprised? (I can't ever wait.)

    I'm going to have to try your super mommy smoothie--my body could use some super something about now.

    Ok, I'm going to quit taking up all your comment space now (I should have just sent an email)but I'm happy for you. Babies are wonderful things.
    Take Care of Yourself.
    liZ
    (simplesimonandco)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute Jessica!! I love the way it looks like a little tutu - but so perfect for fall!!

    Hope you're doing well!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...