Monday, October 24, 2011

{DIY} Mason Jar Sewing Kit - the tween version


This is certainly not a new idea.  I don't claim to have made it up.  I'm just sharing my version.  I made this as a gift for a girl who just turned 12.  I've seen lots of gorgeous versions online like this one on Anthropologie or this nice DIY one on Martha ,but I needed to make something a little bit more youthful looking - so here's what I came up with!

There's a great tutorial for making a jar lid pin cushion over on Prudent Baby.

This is my top
and this is the underneath side

This is such a fun gift to put together, because it can be changed in so many ways!  Add a small pair of scissors, or a thimble and embroidery floss.  You can really tailor it (ha ha) for the person you're making it for.

Have a great day!
xoxo
jessica

5 comments:

  1. This is darling Jessica!! I love the fabric - it's perfect. I need to put these on my list to make for Christmas presents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is definitely more fun than the originals! I'm sure the birthday girl will love receiving such a cheerful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Just wanted to let you know that I'm including it in my post "Top 10 Gifts in Jars" today at www.cheapcraftymama.com. Feel free to stop by and grab a button or link for your page to show that you are featured! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! We wanted to get back to the basics this year and here on out for Christmas. My daughter, who also just turned 12, mentioned the other day how she wanted to sew some things because she had just sewn her own phone case with her Girl Scouts. I remembered that, but didn't want to buy a traditional sewing kit and all the notions with it. This is what I was looking for! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...