Monday, October 17, 2011

Hey, Pumpkin!

Lots of pumpkin things floating around these days!  
Really wonderful looking recipes.  
 (although nothing looks as wonderful as that sweet girl)

So you know, I started wondering - what's in pumpkins?  
 Vitamins?  Minerals?  
So here's what I found, plus a roundup of some delicious and healthy recipes!
Pumpkins contain a lot of vitamin A (the orange color is a big hint - think carrots)
They are full of fiber
low in calories (49 in a cup)
also contain vitamin C and potassium
and pumpkins are a fruit.  Did you know that?  I didn't.
So go ahead and try some pumpkin tonight!

 
 




Happy cooking, and hope you have a lovely fall day!
xoxo
jessica

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...