Friday, July 15, 2011

Farm Fresh Frittata


If you enjoy strolling through your local farmer's market every Saturday morning, consider picking up a few ingredients to make this delicious (and gluten free) frittata.
  • zucchini or yellow squash
  • 7-8 eggs
  • country sausage
  • cheese
  • salt/pepper
Preheat the oven to 400.  Brown the sausage in an oven safe skillet - then grate the squash into the skillet (I find Charlotte eats it much better this way - and if you use yellow squash I bet your kids won't even know it's in there).

Whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl and pour into pan.  Sprinkle with cheese.
Let it cook for a few minutes, then place it in the oven until the eggs are set and the cheese is bubbly.

Serve with summer peaches and fried potatoes - delish!
Have a great weekend!
xoxo
jessica

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! My daughter says she doesn't like squash but I bet she would eat this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks scruptious! In Spain, they have something similar, but call it a tortilla. hehe :) A little more flavorful than the tortillas we know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh---this looks delicious and I have zuccini and yellow squash out growing in my garden right now!
    liZ
    (simplesimonandco)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...