Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Card Recycle

Don't you love getting holiday cards? So many pretty ones arrive in your mailbox.I hate to throw them away, and so does my Aunt Pat - so she had a great idea about how to recycle them!  Check it out:

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings.

 If you are like me, I love getting Christmas cards in my mail box and we receive beautiful ones every year
I always have trouble knowing what to do with them when the holidays are over and I can't bear to throw them away.   


Here is an idea that is fun to do after the holidays and the long winter days have set in.
Make gift tags from your Christmas cards.
 
Cut out the shape that you like (see the white shape below)

 
Make a hole at the top.  I use a sewing machine needle and push it all the way through.



Take a piece of thin ribbon or string, fold it in half and thread it through the hole.


Take the two ends of the ribbon and thread it through the loop.

Then take the two ends of ribbon and pull it tight going in the opposite direction.

Tie it to your package and you are done.  OH!  Don't forget to address it on the other side.


 
Isn't that cute?!  Hope you are all having fun preparing for the holidays!
jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...