Monday, December 6, 2010

What I've been up to...

...a friend of a friend has a daughter who watches Phineas and Ferb.  She loves the little stuffed animal, Ducky Momo, and my friend (who apparently has great faith in my abilities) told her that she thought I could make one as they don't sell them anywhere.  So I was given a challenge.  I've never made a stuffed animal before and didn't have a pattern - just a few pictures:
 
Weird looking thing right?  
Well here is the product of my labor:
So if you know anyone who would like one, the price is $40 -you can send me an email.
On a separate note it's snowing non-stop here, which is crazy.  
 This poor little red bird keeps flying into my kitchen window and I don't know what to do for him.
  Any suggestions?

This is our front yard.

I never thought I would say "put your hood up it's snowing" as we were leaving a store, but that's what happened today!  AND I wanted to remind everyone that you have until TOMORROW at MIDNIGHT to upload pics of your Sew Homegrown projects to the Flickr group to be entered to win one of those adorable Bridget and Lucy Ruffle Joy Kits!!
xo, jessica

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, put up a few paper snowflakes on the glass of your window. Your friend the cardinal will see them and realize he can't fly through them. Bless his little heart and hard head. Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ducky momo looks very good! I think stuffed animals are kind of a pain, and a lot of work. The little redbird looks so pretty against the backdrop of the snow,wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found your blog and I really love it! I am going to make your ruffled scarf as a Christmas gift for my mom. Anyway, I was looking around, and saw your latest post. If snowflakes don't work to deter your bird, try stripes of tape on the outside of the window. That worked at my old house with a similarly persistent cardinal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...