Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Built for a Quilt

Here's what my hubby did over this long weekend. 

He found the wood in our yard and stripped the bark off - then made this ladder to display our family quilts.

Top quilt: spider web design made by my great-great grandmother, garden wall quilt made by me, checkerboard hearts quilt made by my grandmother for Charlotte....wonder what quilt will be next??


Here's some of our inspiration:

 image: remodelista

 image: pottery barn

image: anthropologie

Anyway, I love it and it is a great addition to our living room!
 
Thanks Ryan - love you.
jessica

6 comments:

  1. love that! modern/natural take on a quilt rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too!!! My b/f HATES me blog hopping cuz I keep finding stuff for him to do......lol. I think I could maybe handle this one :) I ahve some quilts that have been handed down that I'd really love to bring out and show off, not to mention the fact that it will free up the space where they are being stored now so I can fill it with something else.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and looks great--and made by hubby makes it it WAY better than store-bought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt ladder your DH made to display quilts! Hummm....maybe I can show it to my DH and he'll make me one. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I use an old baby crib I took apart and hung on the wall. Functional art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you get it to stand freely like that without falling over?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...