Monday, January 10, 2011

Master Bedroom Reveal

This was done on a teeny tiny shoestring.  I only spent about $100.00 on accessories to complete my look - including things like a sidetable, lamps, votives, planter, aluminum bin, etc.  I had already made the window treatments and quilt,  I just worked on finishing touches.  I am really happy with it, and I am trying to keep it clean since your bedroom is supposed to be a "sanctuary" (every decorating thing says that...mine rarely is)  So here we go.....

The Bed:
(all of our bedroom furniture belonged to my great-grandmother)
I made the quilt using this free pattern from Amy Butler, and I used mostly AMH Good Folks Fabrics, with a little Nicey Jane (heather bailey).

Painting above the bed that my sister did - I would love to be at that beach right now.

Lying in my bed, I see this when I wake up.

Those mercury glass votives are from Anthropolgie, but there's a great tutorial for making your own at Remodel this House.  And my hubby made that gorgeous brown pot when he was in highschool.

I love having this Indian Sari hanging above my dresser - my friend gave it to me to wear to her wedding reception.  It's gorgeous.

and this is leading into our bathroom.

So that's it - our little sanctuary.  I tried to fill it with meaningful items that make us happy - and I tried not to make it too girly - Ryan says I did a pretty good job - the darker color in the quilt helps to ground all of the other wild colors. My bathroom is white and cream - a nice contrast from the colorful bedroom.  It's a happy, cozy place to be while the snow falls endlessly outside!
jessica

9 comments:

  1. How lovely! Can you come redo my room in BG next? On that same budget? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I'm working on my sanctuary right now too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My turn, my turn, I am closer than Emily is ;o). Love the quilt, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on the quilt- it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I love the sari idea...

    perrijewell(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pretty sari hanging above the mirror, I'm going to try that with a colorful scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the inspiration! We are redoing our house and I want to do simple for the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...