Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When I'm starting to feel sick...

...here are the preventative measures I take to keep a cold at bay. 

1.  Drink more fluids.  I try to drink more water, juice, and herbal tea.  I love this kid's Cold Care Tea - I use 2 bags per cup to make it a little stronger.
 
2.  Up my local honey intake.  Local honey is important because the bees have gathered pollen from all the plants indigenous to your area.  The allergens in honey are delivered to your body in manageable doses - helping you to build up an immunity to them.  I try to eat wild local honey once a day, but when I am starting to feel ill I up my intake.

3.  Netti Pot.  I've only recently started using this - at the recommendation of my sister.  It is very effective though - removing irritating allergens and soothing inflammation in your nasal passages. 

4.  Essential Oils:  I use my Adult Cold and Flu Rescue (which I finally listed in my Etsy shop). 

It has a combination of Lavender, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint essential oils.  These oils are antiviral, antimicrobial, decongestant, and anti-inflammatory.  I roll it on my lymph glands on my neck, and on my wrists 3x a day.  Inhaling deeply after application. 
So far, I don't feel any worse than yesterday(when my symptoms first presented) - hopefully that means this thing will be short-lived.  (although I do feel like I am writing this post in a fog - hope you can understand my watery-eyed, sleepy-brain self).  I'm off to take a nap.  Stay well and warm!
jessica

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you're not feeling well! I do all the same things minus your personal remedy. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...