Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bookworm's Birthday Bash

Today I have a fantastic party for you!  My friend Emily threw an adorable book party for her daughter, and I am so happy to be sharing the details with you!  So let's get started.
Here are the sweet invitations - little books with each invitee's name on them instead of the original character.

As the guests arrived, they were greeted by this cute little wreath:
get the tutorial here

The banner was made from book pages with letters printed directly onto them:





























Typewriter inspired cupcakes - all laid out in "qwerty" of course.

Activities included bookworm making (get the how to here),

typewriter key necklaces,

Book art and book mark crafts.
To end, they sent the girls on a scavenger hunt to find their party favors, which included a book light, a journal, alphabet stickers, a pen, magnets, and a cardboard monogram for them to decorate at home - all wrapped up in a sweet little dishtowel.

So cute right?  I think my favorite thing was the cupcakes all laid out like a typewriter.  
What was yours?
xoxo
jessica

3 comments:

  1. I liked the cupcakes, too. It is so nice to see book-themed ideas instead of television ones.

    Leslie @findyourcreativeside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! This would be perfect for my little book worm. My favorite was the banner, such a great addition for something so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...