Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow. . .

Have you ever heard the sayings, "Too many irons in the fire" or "I have too much on my plate" ? I have heard those sayings my entire life, because I want to do SO much and attempt it. I want to help those I love, work on something with friends, try a new thing, and still be a wife, a mommy, a friend, a cook, a seamstress. . . . the list goes on and on.
   Well, I have come to the conclusion I have TOO many irons in the fire AND TOO much on my plate. I am starting a new teaching position at a local community college this fall, working on the Hospitality Committee for our PTA, and I am also heavily involved  in a local musical production as a fund raiser for disabled citizens. Unfortunately, because of these new chapters in my life and my family's life, somethings that I do are going to have to be put on the back burner for a while. One of them, sadly, is my regular postings on Tuesday here at Sew Homegrown. When Jessica asked me to start posting regularly, I was excited to do so, but at the time, I did not have the responsibilities I listed above.
   I need to focus my creative energies on my family, my new job, and the musical production that will benefit some wonderful and amazing people. I will still pop in every now and again with something crafty and fun, that I think you may enjoy, but for now, I need to turn Tuesdays back to Jessica.
   Enjoy your Tuesday,
Heaps and Heaps of Love,
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling for sure! Good luck to you Shannon and good for you for listening to what you need to do for you.
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...