Monday, August 22, 2011

One down, one to go...

If you've been reading my blog very long, you know I'm not really a knitter(see this post)...or a crocheter...but I really want to be!  I love yarn, and actually have accumulated quite a bit, but for some reason my brain has a block when it comes to yarn crafts.  However, over the 4th of July weekend, my aunt sat with me for a while and helped me learn a very basic crochet pattern: this hand warmer.

I made a practice one, and now I just finished this one and am going to start the 2nd in order to make a pair.  I'm pretty excited.  So if you're thinking of picking up crochet I would definitely suggest this pattern because if I can do it ANYONE can do it ;)
And of course you can check out these great blogs too.
..and there are many more, but I am still new to the yarn world.
Happy crocheting/knitting - it's never to early to start on those Christmas gifts!!
xoxo
jessica

2 comments:

  1. Love the yarn--it looks so fuzzy and cozy! Great job... and I'm looking forward to a time we can sit and crochet together--your Aunt Gabi is a great teacher! Crochet is now my favorite pastime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crocheting. My grandmother taught me 20 years ago. I just can not wrap my head around knitting. I am hoping to teach myself knitting this winter. You look like you are doing fine. Good luck and I wish you all the best in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...