Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Rustic Spindle Bench

My husband is in the process of building us a dinner table.  I wanted something really rustic - farm table style - chunky legs - you know.  So to go around the table, we are using several chairs, all of the different and this cool bench that he made. 

Obviously, I can't show you the whole thing because it's in storage, but when we get it unpacked I'll show you how it all looks together.  But here's the bench - he found the top piece of wood in a burn pile at a local saw mill -

and the legs were from another table at our house - we painted them and distressed them, then he attached them - to get his full tutorial you can go here

I definitely think it looks like something that would be sitting in Anthropologie. 


Thanks hubby!
xoxo
jessica

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow that looks SO awesome! I am WELL jealous.. and what a perfect holder for your quilts! I HEART IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Howell-MorrisAugust 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM

    Okay, so that is the most awesome-est (that is a word) bench I have ever seen, and I have a perfect place for it in my house! :)

    Really, I love it, and i am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Jessica!! I love the different colored legs. I've always liked the idea of a bench on one side of a dining room table. So perfect with kids or large groups!!
    I can't wait to see how it all looks together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...