Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We Ate Cake

Yesterday was our sweet Charlotte's 3rd birthday!
Her big celebration was dinner with Cinderella,
but we did a small dinner and cake with friends yesterday. 

 I love to decorate cakes but haven't had too much success in the past.  This time I used this wonderful tutorial over on Prudent Baby.  I followed their directions exactly - for the icing as well as the cake - and I was really surprised with the turnout. 
Charlotte helped with the baking.

I finally did a successful crumb coat!  Thanks Prudent Baby!

I wanted it to look cinderella-ish without being obviously Cinderella. 
So the big C on top was for Charlotte and Cinderella.
She really loved it!


















  Inside it was chocolate.  Yum.




So Happy Birthday Sweet Charlotte!
It seems to only get better.
xoxo
mama

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Happy birthday Charlotte!!
    That cake is so pretty Jessica - and I love that second to last picture - she looks just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...