Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Knot a Knitter

 hmmmmmm.......
I followed the pattern.
How did that happen?
It looks like someone opened their clutch purse and shoved it on her head.
This is proof that I mess up - not everything I make turns out well.
But we shouldn't give up should we?
So..... I threaded a big needle and took a larger seam along the sides; then I finished the tassels.  
The first tassels I made were laughable - I'm not even showing them to you.  

It still looks kinda funky - like she's a little who from who-ville maybe? 
(even she looks unsure...)
She's so cute though I think she can pull it off.  
And it will keep her head and ears warm - that's the whole point anyway. 
(and if not, maybe I will just turn it upside down,add a snap, and put my wallet in it...)

If you didn't know before, you know now- my brain shuts down when I try to knit....(obviously)
I know I probably just need to do it more, but wow it is difficult for me to do.  However I like the end result of knitting and so today I went to a super cute yarn shop called Yarntiques. 
(Charlotte did NOT wear the hat to the store)
I bought these two yarns and some double pointed needles.
  
I really want to make these hand-warmers.  
I'll let you know how it goes :)  
If any of you are good knitters, I would appreciate any knitting tips - leave a comment!
 casting off - jessica

2 comments:

  1. I cannot thank you enough for posting this! After a very long day it was nice to see someone else has hard days too - but great job making lemonade out of lemons - I laughed so hard reading your note :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...