Saturday, October 9, 2010

Starbucks Mocha in your Microwave


I'll be honest - I am very snobby when it comes to coffee.  Drinking coffee is an experience for me and I want it to be just right.  I've worked as a Barista at Starbucks twice in the past 6 years so I know how to make all of the drinks that you can order there - but I have had a really difficult time making them at home.  I can never seem to get it just right, especially the Mocha.  I usually drink plain coffee in the morning and sometimes I drink a "specialty" drink in the afternoon - like a mocha or a caramel macchiato.  Strangely enough it was yesterday morning that the coffee muses moved me to make a mocha.  Maybe it's the cold weather that was making me crave chocolate in the morning.  Well, somehow my still sleepy brain was able to combine just the right amount of each ingredient, resulting in the perfect mocha in my microwave.  Here's how you can make one too!
You'll need: 
Starbucks Via instant coffee
Dark Chocolate Coca Mix
water
milk
marshmallows or whip cream if desired

Fill one coffee mug half way with filtered water. 

Fill it the rest of the way with milk (I use whole, but you can use whatever you like). 

Heat it in the microwave for about 3 minutes, depending on your microwave.  Once it is nice and hot, stir in the Via, then HALF of one package of cocoa mix.  Stir really well and add any topping you like.  Sip and enjoy you're homemade Mocha.
jessica

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I used to try to make homemade mochas too...I'd just mix a hot chocolate mix like you, but it probably wasn't as good. Now there's a use for the Via!! I'll remember this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...