Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Appreciation Day


We've started a little tradition in our family.  It's called Appreciation Day.  Whenever we feel like one of us deserves some celebration or honoring - we can throw him/her an Appreciation Day.  A day to show them how much we appreciate what they've been doing.
Here's an example - a few months ago, Ryan had been working really hard at work and at home, so Charlotte and I gave him an Appreciation Day.  We made him yummy foods, made arrangements so he could go on a long bike ride (he loves to cycle), made cards for him - and just took a day to celebrate him - Ryan Appreciation Day (which also spells RAD and that makes him smile :)

Well, I was sick all last week and Charlotte and I have been having some difficult two-year-old moments lately.  In general I feel like she has had a lot to handle in the past week - so yesterday we had Charlotte Appreciation Day! 
Here's what we did:
After breakfast she wanted to play instruments - so we had music time for about 20 minutes. 
Then we got dressed and headed out to the Hands On Museum.

We had a lot of fun at the museum - she got to go grocery shopping -

and sit on a tractor -

and we saw fish and animals, and played on the playground.  For lunch, we picked Daddy up and ate at Earth Fare (an organic grocery store with a yummy cafe).  That's where we bought the special jelly bean treat ;)
After her nap (and my nap)  we painted Mommy's, Charlotte's, and baby's toenails pink!

When Daddy got home we had a dance party. 
It was a really great day - I love you sweet Charlotte!

Hope you all have a great day - and let the ones you love know how much you appreciate them!
jessica

4 comments:

  1. That is SO sweet! She is precious and how special to give her a special day. When I look back at having kids, I think I was barely keeping up! But we did have time when one of us took just one of our kids to do something alone. I had 4 sons very close to each other and we needed to give each one some personal attention! Way back when! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing. (and that toenails photo is precious!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE hearing about other families traditions... especially ones as unique and special as this! How awesome!

    Hop over to my site! I'd love to have you link up at my For the Kids Fridays link party.
    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun!!! L, A and I got our toes painted to match that same day...L picked the color, pink of course! Tell Charlotte I appreciate her too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...