Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Decorating for the Seasons

So....guess what decorations are still up in my house.  St. Patricks?  nope.  Valentine's Day?  nope.
Snowy wintry snowman?  nope.

Christmas.

That's right.  Christmas.  I would like to tell you that I forgot to take it down because it was adorning some out-of-the-way corner - but it's not true.  It is hanging above my entertainment center. 

I stare at it every day.  When we sit our tired bums down in the evening we are greeted by this:

Cute for December.  Not-so-much for March.  I don't know why I haven't changed it - or at the very least taken it down.  BUT in the spirit of good Feng Shui (more on that tomorrow) I decided it was time.  Seize the moment.  Just do it.  blah blah blah.

So I took it down.  Now what?  Gotta be something cute...I write a blog about homemaking.  So it was off to the Dollar Tree to see what I could find.  Here's what I emerged with:
plus two mermaids, a bunch of play grapes, and a pretend baby bottle ;)

I wrapped some neutral yarn around the moss stones, gathered the flowers into a bunch, and added one of my floral eggs

Then I glued these flowers and moss stones to a piece of cardboard.

I cut around the cardboard so you can't see it from the front. 

I taped it to the window pane.   Lastly I taped a picture of Charlotte's first Easter onto the window, and wrote the word Spring with a dry erase marker.


There.  That's much better. 

So tell me...what's the longest you've left decorations up after the holiday has passed?
xoxo
jessica

6 comments:

  1. A very depressed Christmas about 20 years ago I left my live tree up until May....of course it was petrified tree by the time I took it down :) lovely spring decoration dear, love the window pane idea.....Thanks! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, thanks for sharing that you still had Christmas decor up. It makes me feel better about all the things that go to the wayside in my own home--I'm in the same boat!

    But your spring windowpane came out so springy--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo cute Jessica! It's so bright and pretty!
    I have to confess I have still one one decoration up. I have my Candy Cane Kitchen sign still up. I just can't bear to take it down haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone...as already noted. I just took down the snowflakes hanging in the kitchen window when I was preparing our St. Patrick's day meal...thought it wouldn't look so "green" in the back ground!
    Your windowpanes looks fabulous though, my not so much yet...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have my halloween ghost window clings up in my kichen. I keep thinking about taking them down, but I need to find the plastic thing they are stored on. So, Halloween decorations, put up in the fall...stayed up all winter and now we're into spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. martilindsey: lol- okay you win! thanks for making me feel better :)
    xoxo
    jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...