Monday, May 16, 2011

April Showers brought May Flowers!


The other day, Charlotte and I took a walk around the yard to pick some flowers.  I was so surprised by what we found!  That is one of the lovely things about living in the country - lots of wildflowers!  
(and some that I'm pretty sure the previous owner planted :)  
Here's our gathering:

We put them in vases:

This is Charlotte's vase:

And this little bud holds promises of beauty:

Here's a pic of the beautiful Japanese Red Maple behind our home - love it!

So tell me. 
What lovely flowers do you have growing in your yard?
xo
jessica

1 comment:

  1. One of the highlights of the spring for me is when my Chinese Poppies bloom. They're a fantastic orange color with a dark purple center.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...