Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fresh Floral Birthday Party


This past weekend we celebrated my Grandma's 80th birthday.  She is an amazing lady.  I've posted about her here and here and here.  As far as being 80 goes, I think she has more energy than me :)  She is very special to all of us, so we wanted to really show her how much we appreciate her.  The party was a surprise and we told everyone to bring a plant for her flower garden instead of a present. It was a huge success!  We had a great turnout and lots and lots of plants.  Here are the details, with a few tutorials coming up later in the week.
Cake Table


These fake flowers were from the Dollar Tree.

Decor

My Aunt made bright, colorful table runners for all of the tables.

On the table runners, we put potted plants and lanterns.


For the cake table area, I made this 80 decoration.

 

Streamers.  
Get the How To Here.

Food



The Gifts


We laid out plastic plant stakes for everyone to write their good wishes on.

Then when we helped her plant her garden, we put the stakes all throughout the garden.

Favors

My Cousin made these wonderful bird seed favors.
We hung them from mountain laurel branches we had gathered earlier that day.
 
Get the how to here.

After everything was ready, it was time to party!



Surprise!

I made this party skirt for Charlotte using Simple Simon and Co's tutorial here.

Four Generations!

 Grandma and her three children - my momma on the far right.

Charlotte and my dad - her Poppa J

Happy 80th Birthday Grandma!

xo
jessica

p.s. How do you feel about the extra large pictures in this post? 
Is it better than the regular size or is it too in your face? 
I  might switch to using extra large all the time so be honest :)


10 comments:

  1. That is just lovely Jessica. Hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' some of your ideas. It's my Mother's 80th birthday this coming October and she is a mad keen grower of orchids. I could do something similar with an orchid theme. Thanks!

    BTW I prefer the larger photos and use them on my blog.

    Anne
    (Domesblissity)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the extra large pics when there is so much to see, but I miss those wonderful people too. Was it easier to work with? ;o) Great job and LOVE the favors. The girls and I are gonna do that this summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the extra large pictures!

    Your grandmother looks soooo fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anne
    So glad you were inspired! Orchids would be really lovely for a party like this. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. LOVELY party! Everything turned out so nice! I am sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How bright and fun and lovely. Plus everyone looks so happy. It looks like it was a super day.
    liZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful party Jessica!! I love all the touches -from the cake table to the party favors and the little plant picks. Every looked amazing.
    I LOVE the large photos - makes it so easy to see everything!
    Oh - and how pretty is your grandma!!! She does not look 80! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome party you all threw for her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely party! May your Grandma have a long and healthy life, God willing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...