Friday, May 13, 2011

My Skin's Best Friend

Have you ever used a body brush?
I recently got one and I loooove it.  It makes my skin glow and feel so smooth.  Here's how you use it.  Before you take a shower, start at your feet and brush your skin working your way up to your neck and shoulders.  Be sure to pay attention to areas like your bra line, underwear line, elbows, and knees.  Not only does this exfoliate your skin, it increases circulation and helps reduce water retention.  It feels really really good, and then when you hop in the shower your skin is all tingly and ready to be cleansed.  You can buy one at your health food store, Target, or I think TJMaxx carries them sometimes.  Anthropologie has one right now for $54....but I bought mine for $6.  It is the perfect thing to use before you apply sunless tanner because it exfoliates without adding oil or water to your skin.
Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I hope your party goes well tomorrow...and I want to see a picture of the purple skirt you made. It sounds like a super cute color for a tutu skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one but I haven't used it lately...thanks for reminding me! I love the silky feeling of my skin after a loofah sponge or brush! Happy weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo, can't wait to get one!!! Thanks Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a good idea ,, i have one too but I haven't used it for a while,, I've read that if you brush behind your knees it helps to release toxins from our body,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read about body brushes a few times while researching body detoxes. I really should go out and get one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! If you have a question, make sure your email is in your profile or leave it in a comment so I can answer you. Otherwise email me at jessica(at)sewhomegrown(dot)com - Have a lovely day!

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...